Introduction

Hi, my name is Amir. And I from Indonesia. In this blog, I will help you to learn Indonesian. 

I live in Java, precisely in Kebumen Regency, Central Java.  About 3 hours from Yogyakarta. 

In my daily life, I use Indonesian to talk to other people. But, because I live in a village, we use Javanese and Indonesian is a second language. 

I speak 4 languages like Bahasa Jawa ngapak that I use in daily life, ngoko or Bahasa Jawa alus to talk to parents or respected people, Bahasa Indonesia, and little bit English. 

But, almost no one uses English in daily life. And in fact, other people will bully us when we use English like "sok inggris lu". 

That's because they are not open-minded about language. Whereas with the ability to speak English, there are many opportunities that we can get to get a better future. 

The best way to learn Indonesian is to talk to people who are from Indonesia. Because you'll be talking to locals and improving your vocabulary. 

And the good news is, the cost of living in Indonesia is very cheap. We can feed ourselves with USD $5 or around Rp. 75,000 for one day. 

As for hotels, there are many cheap hotels you can stay in. In Yogyakarta, a lot of hotels are priced at USD $10 or around IDR 150,000. 

If you know, the cost of living in Yogyakarta is the cheapest in Indonesia. 

Why is that? 

Because Yogyakarta is a student city. A lot of students from all over Indonesia and the world study here. UGM or Universitas Gajah Mada is the largest University in Indonesia and a lot of international students study here.

So guys, keep following this blog for the latest article updates. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments